Tuesday 16 April 2013

Welcome to my blog!

I'm quite busy being a mom to my two kids. I am a hobby-seamstress as well, sewing mainly children's stuff for my little ones and sometimes for customers. I'm a gardener as well, so during the summer months there's always a lot work out-doors. I have already two blogs, but one of them is put on ice for a while until the kids are older. So why another blog?

My other blog just wasn't the right place for my vintage obsession.

I have collected so many vintage sewing patterns I would like to show them to people who love them as much as I do.

You just can't do only vintage sewing. By and by, you get caught by the charm of those decades long gone. You get amazed by the hair-styles, the music, the life-style...

I was infected with the music of the 30s and 40s already as a child, listening to my father's jazz and swing music records. Yes, in those days we used to have those huge black records... And my mother used to sew. She still has a huge pile of vintage Burda magazines from the 60s and later. That collection of patterns was continued by me when I became a seamstress as well. And as time went by, I bought more and more vintage patterns. I have quite a nice collection, including many Lutterloh patterns from the very beginning in the mid-30s.

I am well aware that I never ever will be able to sew only half of all those. But I feel a joy in having all those beauties and looking at them makes me feel happy. Looking at photos from those decades is great fun.

I deeply hope to share this joy with others.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, and vintage patterns, dear Lady!! I hope we can share many hours of fun together with this wonderful hobby ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for being the first follower. I found your blog and see you're living in a beautiful place...

      I am not completely new to blogging, as I already have a blog about the things I sew for children, but it's written in German (I live in Switzerland). If you still are interested in it, there's a link on this blog. It's called "Babelina & Button". There are also some modern sewing projects for myself.

      Hasta luego!

      Delete

Your comment is much appreciated and will be published after approval, thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...